1. ROLE OF AFRICA PATHWAYS EXPEDITIONS
The role of Africa Pathways Expeditions is to manufacture tours and itineraries to fit the requirements of our customers. In doing so, Africa Pathways Expeditions may use independent suppliers for the provision of selected services. However, Africa Pathways Expeditions accepts responsibility for the proper performance of your contract with us.
2. PRE – TRIP INFORMATION AND ACCOMODATION
All payments are to be made, Upon confirmation of funds being received, you will be issued with a receipt and re-issued with the updated itinerary invoice for your referral. All hotels, lodges and luxury camps used in itineraries are of good quality. The best available accommodation is chosen at the time of booking that suits the purpose of the itinerary. In smaller villages, we use the best accommodation available. Many accommodations have private amenities, swimming pools and restaurants/bars; among other facilities. The campsites indicated in the Mt Kilimanjaro itineraries are subject to change based on, at times, unpredictable mountain weather conditions.
- All excursions, transfers, entrance fees, camping fees and meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Experienced English/other languages-speaking professional guides
- Good quality accommodation
- All meals not specified in the itineraries
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activities not previously reserved with prior payment
4. BOOKING INFORMATION & CONDITIONS
For a reservation to be held on any itinerary, a deposit of US$500 per person per itinerary is required. The balances of payments are due 35 days prior to arrival in Tanzania.
In certain cases, like the high end luxury safaris Africa Pathways Expeditions needs the final payment 60 days before commencement of services.
All travelers receive pre-trip information, complete itinerary and on-demand pre-travel advice, via email directly with our offices for any last minute or personal queries.
In the event of a particular accommodation being unavailable upon booking, accommodation of a similar or higher standard will be substituted.
Late Sign Up
In the event that you make a booking with Africa Pathways Expeditions after arriving in Tanzania, we will endeavour to carry out your requests but you should understand the difficulties of late bookings in regards to obtaining accommodation, transport and safari guides without reasonable notice.
5. CANCELLATION POLICY
- Africa Pathways Expeditions cancellation policy applies to the package offered, upon payment of deposit and confirmation of reservation.
Cancellation of booking or failure to join a tour will result in retention of funds by Africa Pathways Expeditions as described below.
- Upon receipt of written of cancellation by any member of the tour indicated on this reservation 30 days or longer prior to departure, 20% of the cancelling party will be retained by Africa Pathways Expeditions and the balance of the package price refunded
- If a cancellation is received at least 14 days and up to 29 days prior to departure, 50% of the package price will be retained by Africa Pathways Expeditions
- If a cancellation is received less than 14 days prior to departure, 100% of the total package price will be retained by Africa Pathways Expeditions and all outstanding payment will become payable immediately.
- Should the cancelling party be able to find a replacement for themselves no less than 14 days prior to departure and the replacement completes this booking form individually, no retention of funds will take place.
However, should no replacement be found by 14 days prior to departure, a 100% cancellation penalty will apply to the cancelling party.
- Africa Pathways Expeditions and its agents reserve the right to terminate, at their discretion and with immediate effect, the participation of any person on the
Refund Processing Fee :
- While processing a refund, a 3% credit card fee is charged to the client’s Visa, AMEX or
- When a refund is processed using a Bank Wire payment, bank charges apply
NB : The payment of bank fees for bank transfers are the responsibility of the customer and are strictly non-refundable..
6. MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
Good physical and mental health is essential for these active, outdoor safaris. You may be travelling in rugged areas, away from immediate medical attention and facilities. Good physical condition is strongly recommended as preparation for all trips, especially those involving trekking. See Health Information section. By forwarding the deposit, the passenger certifies that he/she does not have any physical or other condition of disability that would create a hazard for him/herself or fellow passengers. It is essential that any passenger with a medical condition requiring regular treatment or which may be affected by vigorous activity, high altitude, heat, cold, or other natural phenomenon, or particular foods, notifies Africa Pathways Expeditions and the trip leaders, in writing in advance of travel. Africa Pathways Expeditions assumed no liability for medical care or for special dietary requirements. Participants may be requested to provide a Doctor’s Statement of good health. The judgments of Africa Pathways Expeditions or the local operators or guides, shall make the ultimate decision for determining suitability of passengers for the ensuing activity. Africa Pathways Expeditions are able to offer temporary membership to Intensive Care Air Ambulance for US$20pp for up to eight weeks duration, depending on length of actual itinerary. This membership allows for air rescue transportation to medical facilities in the event of an emergency. THIS DOES NOT REPLACE PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE IN ANYWAY.
Africa Pathways Expeditions reserves the right to make changes to brochure and website details and arrangements both before and after the booking has been made. Most changes will be minor, but if Africa Pathways Expeditions has to do significant changes you will be notified at the earliest possible opportunity. In such cases you will have the opportunity to accept the changes or to receive a full refund.
8. FORCE MAJEURE
Force Majeure means those circumstances where the performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reasons of war, threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, government actions and all similar events beyond our control. In these circumstances, Africa Pathways Expeditions shall not be liable for any compensation or otherwise responsible for any expenses or losses the client might incur.
Africa Pathways Expeditions shall not be liable for any loss or expense arising from the loss of property, cancellation or curtailment of the tour however caused, save only to the extent that such loss of baggage, cancellation or curtailment was caused by the Africa Pathways Expeditions negligence. If sickness or accident interrupts a tour, Africa Pathways Expeditions shall not be liable for any cost or expense arising there from, save only to the extent that such sickness or accident (beyond any reasonable doubt) was caused by Africa Pathways Expeditions wilful act or gross negligence. Africa Pathways Expeditions shall not be liable for any refund, either total or partial, of passage money paid. Africa Pathways Expeditions recommend the travelers to take out necessary insurance to protect against such eventuality.
General: Please note our responsibilities and obligations apply only in respect of those services, which Africa Pathways Expeditions agree to arrange or provide on your behalf. Africa Pathways Expeditions cannot accept any liability for any services arranged on your own.
Should a problem occur, please advise both Africa Pathways Expeditions and the service supplier in question immediately, as most problems can be solved on the spot. Should you remain dissatisfied, please write to us setting out the complaint in detail within 28 days of the end of our services under the contract. Africa Pathways Expeditions cannot accept responsibility for any complaints which are not notified entirely in accordance with this clause. Should any legal dispute arise it must be settled in Arusha or Moshi according to and depending on which Africa Pathways Expeditions booking office(s) was/were used for the rendered services.